2017 – Murari Kumar Jha
2016 – Sarasija Subramanian
2015 – Juhikadevi Bhanjdeo
Juhikadevi did her BVA as well as MVA from M.S. University, Baroda.
2013 – Rabindra
Originally from Bastar, Chattisgarh, she now lives and works in Navsari, Gujarat.
She has received a host of awards which include the NG Bhatt Gold Medal at M.S. University,
the Glenfiddich and bestcollegeart.com Emerging Artist of the Year 2012 award, the HRD scholarship
from the Ministry of Culture, 2011, the Nasreen
Mohammadi Best Display award, Faculty of Fine Arts M.S. University 2010.
Juhikadevi feels that the exposure she has received all these years has strengthened her bond with her native,
Bastar. Her recent works explore her cultural ties with how society shapes the behaviour of people.
Rabindra Patra is a visual artist and his works are based on the theme ‘power’.
He has done a BFA in Sculpture from Dhauli College of Art & Craft, Bhubaneshwar,
Orissa. Rabindra has created interactive and functional installations, site-specific
installations, sculpture, interactive art, painting and drawings. Though originally
from rural Orissa he now works in Delhi. Rabindra will attend the four month international
residency at UNIDEE- Cittadellarte-Pistoletto Foundation.
2012 - Meghna Singh
2011 - Aastha Chauhan
Aastha Chauhan specialized in sculpture both for her B.F.A, completed at the Government College of Art in Chandigarh, and her M.F.A. at New Delhi College of Art.
Between 2004 and 2010 she headed the community based art initiatives at the KHOJ International Artists Association in New Delhi. As leader of this initiative, she facilitated several independent art projects aimed at involving the Khirkee community that surrounds the KHOJ studios. Projects have ranged from artist- commissioned site specific installations, to local shop make-overs, to clay toy-making workshops with neighbourhood children, in addition to facilitating other artists’ projects in the neighbourhood. All these projects involved the community at every stage from the onset.
Her independent curatorial project include- Extension Khirkee, 2012, in collaboration with Matteo Ferrarasi; an independent street art festival in Khirkee that brought together twenty creative practitioners from diverse backgrounds of art, architecture, media and hip hop. Antarrashtriya Khirkee, 2014, in collaboration with Malini Kochupillai; a festival/ block party with multicultural cuisines, live music, dance, theatre performances, film screenings and a photography exhibition to celebrate the diversity that lives and works in the neighbourhood of Khiree.
She is also interested in micro broadcasting and works closely with 90.4MHz Henvalvani community radio station in Chamba, Uttarakhand.
She was recently awarded the Brooks International Fellowship with the Tate Modern, in collaboration with Delfina Foundation. In 2011 she was awarded the INLAKS scholarship and her socially engaged art projects have been supported by the Norwegian Embassy, British Council, Visiting Arts UK, The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art, Raza Foundation and KHOJ International Artists Association.
2008 – Nidhi Sundram
2007 – Sakshi Gupta
2006 – Rakhi Peswani
2006 – Ajay Kumar Tiwari
2004 – Pratul Kumar Dash
2002 – Gigimon Scaria
2001 – Temsuyanger Longkumar
2000 – Biju Joze
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR A RESIDENCY GRANT
AT UNIDEE – University of Ideas at Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto
in Biella, Italy
Residency period: May 2nd – July 1st 2017
UNIDEE - University of Ideas (http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee) of Cittadellarte-Fondazione Pistoletto format proposes an educational model based on ‘other’ ways of gaining experience in the meeting of critical theory, activism and artistic practice, not through subordinate relationships but rather through levels of interaction, exchanges and reciprocal interference.
Laboratory or seminar modules are held each week at Cittadellarte, moderated by a knowledgeable mentor with the support of a guest. The groups of participants, who are always different and arrive from all over the world, interact intensely as they discuss and examine relationships between art and the public sphere in depth, starting from different practices and going through connections with various disciplines. UNIDEE is an experimental school that uses methodologies, practices, the languages of art and the forms of activism to educate ‘artivators’ or agents for the organisation of actions and processes responsible for change in the social contexts in which they live.
In 2017 the programme is based on a close examination of three macro-topics: Revolution, Desire and Mediation.
The structure of UNIDEE - University of Ideas is articulated through three types of activities investigating the relationship between art and public sphere :
- Weekly residential modules taking place at Cittadellarte, open to students (who can gain ECTS credits), professionals, activists as well as members of society. They are held by mentors who are experts on the three broad thematic areas chosen each year and examined in depth through participatory practices and a multidisciplinary approach.
- Residency programmes for international artists at Cittadellarte.
- Connective Residency at Cittadellarte
II. ABOUT THIS RESIDENCY
A 2 month long educational residency programme
based on the relationship between participatory art practices
and socio-political transformation of society
from May 2nd to July 1st 2017
The 2 month long residency offered through this joint grant (Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation & Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto) includes :
- Return travel from India to Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto;
- 2 months' stay at Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto (single room in an apartment shared with other international residents-inclusive of cleaning services, use of shared studio space and workshop facilities);
- Insurance (travel and medical insurance for accidents);
- Expert visits, networking sessions, institutional visits, visits to museums and galleries, and travel within Northern Italy;
- A small budget for production and communication, translations;
- A modest per diem;
- attendance to the following weekly residential modules:
8 – 12 May
Proposal for Schizoanalytical Seminar II: Title Forthcoming
Mentor : Rene Gabri and Ayreen Anastas
Guest : Carla Bottiglieri
5 – 9 June
Touch, Don’t Dominate
Mentor : Diego Dal Pozo Barriuso
Guest : Julia Morandeira Arrizabalaga
II. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
You are eligible to apply if (all conditions below must be met) :
- You are a citizen of India;
- You currently reside in the country;
- You were born during or after 1987;
- You have not previously received grants from Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation for overseas projects;
- You have a fluent knowledge of the English language.
PLEASE NOTE that the residency dates are fixed and no change can be accepted. Once the artist signs the agreement, it is mandatory to respect the given dates.
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, 5th March, 2017.
Only digital submissions are accepted.
III. SELECTION PROCEDURE
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation will prepare an initial short-list of candidates, amongst whom UNIDEE–University of Ideas' curatorial board will select one residency grant winner.
Final results will be released on Monday, 20th March, 2017.
IV. HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your applications to: email@example.com with “INLAKS/UNIDEE application (your name)” as a subject line (Up to 10 MB per email).
If you are submitting more than one email, please state that, for example, as subject: INLAKS/UNIDEE application (your name) 1 of 3 / 2 of 3 / 3 of 3.
Please fill out (in English only) this application form by including your :
- Basic / contact information;
- Motivation letter, including a project proposal for this specific residency (up to 2 A4 pages, font size 12). In writing up your proposal, bear in mind that UNIDEE – University of Ideas values process and research based practices: thus, the project you are proposing at the time of your application is not binding and can be implemented while in residence if still relevant. Please also mention which weekly modules you would like to attend;
- Artist statement;
- Check list of submitted work (Images, texts, audios, videos, URLs, etc.);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Portfolio with a selection of relevant work, as follows:
Images : Submit up to 10, at 100 dpi and medium-sized
Texts : Submit up to 3 examples, published or unpublished
Audio files : Submit up to 3 examples at a duration of up to 10 minutes each
Videos : Submit either URLs if available online or use one of the following upload services only: Wetransfer, Dropbox, Rapidshare or yousendit. Be careful with links' expiry dates!
All material must be labelled with surname (family) name, followed by an underscore in the file name. For example: John Smith will label his submitted images as Smith_(title of image).jpg.
Application form for Residency Grant at UNIDEE