Inlaks Theatre Award
The Foundation invites applications for the selection of Inlaks Theatre Awards 2018.
The deadline for receiving applications for the Award is October 1st 2017.
The Foundation invites proposals from Indian citizens aged below 35 at the time of application, towards skill enhancement in the field of theatre. This could include attending training workshops, residencies or any other activity that the applicant deems appropriate for a maximum duration of one year. It should be noted that the Foundation does not cover tuition fee towards attending a full-time theatre programme in an institute.
Depending on the proposal and the length of the proposed programme, the Foundation will provide an allowance of Rs. 10,000 per month for the duration of the programme, which should not exceed one year.
The applicant must send a letter from the mentor / institution under whom the applicant proposes to undergo the skill enhancement programme.
About the Award:
- For short-term awards (of three months or less) the amount awarded will be paid upfront and the mentor or institution will need to submit a letter certifying that the awardee attended and completed the programme for which the award was made.
- For longer-term awards (of over three months) half the amount awarded will be paid at the beginning. The second installment will be paid at the midpoint of the term of the award on receipt of a progress report from the head of the institution, mentor, guide or guru under whom the applicant will be working.
- The number of awards could vary between 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
- The selection procedure will take place in two rounds. The written application and reference letters will be the major criterion for the first round. The short-listed applicants will then be expected to appear in front of the selection committee for an audition for the final selection.
- The applicant should be a recent graduate / post-graduate from a leading Indian institute for theatre arts in India. Applicants not having a formal degree but possessing a record of high quality record of past achievements may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- The recipient should not hold a similar / government scholarship or award during the tenure of the Inlaks Theatre Award.
- He / She should be below the age of 35 years on December 31st in the year of application.
- Please state if you have you applied for an Inlaks award before. If so, mention the year you had applied.
The applications may be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Downloaded application form may be filled in by hand or by type and should be emailed in with the following attachments as listed below. The subject line should read as: Inlaks Theatre Award 2018
ATTACHMENTS TO INCLUDE TOGETHER WITH THE DULY FILLED-IN FORM:
1. CV/RESUME: PDF
2. AUDIO/VIDEO: to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/ vimeo/ youtube/ soundcloud. If links are password protected, please provide the password.
3. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM YOUR GURU / GUIDE / INSTITUTION / COLLABORATORS WITH WHOM YOU INTEND TO WORK.
4. EVIDENCE OF BIRTH: PAN CARD COPY/AADHAR CARD COPY/DRIVING LICENSE website: www.inlaksfoundation.org